Tuesday, January 14, 2014

From Sydney Apartment to Cruise Ship

After spending 17 wonderful days exploring Sydney we returned our apartment keys to the owner.  Our cruise ship Celebrity Millennium was ready and waiting for us at the Sydney harbor (Circular Quay).
The question I was asking myself was, would I like to live in Sydney?  Sydney is a great city and I like it very much, but San Diego is even better.  
This experience of living in Sydney verified my suspicion that in order to know a city or country one has to live there for an extended period of time.  We learned a lot in 17 days but we could have learned a lot more in 17 weeks. Bottom line, I am going to try out living in other cities.  At this point I am not adventurous enough to live in a non-English speaking country.  So it will have to be another city where English is generally spoken.
With a heavy heart we said good-bye to Sydney as our ship sailed away parading in front of us gorgeous evening views of Circular Quay, tall buildings of the CBD, the harbor bridge, and the Opera House.  We will have to come back again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment